A Guide To The Best Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sports Card Deals
Black Friday has long been a shoppers’ paradise. That’s if your idea of paradise is getting run over by an angry mob of housewives trying to get a flat-screen TV.
But things have changed, and now we have the internet as our venue of shopping choice. So, the worst we have to deal with is crashing servers. But we don’t care about TVs. That piece of garbage on our walls is fine.
Instead, we want cards. And our favorite card purveyors have come up with excellent deals this year. We have given you the best options in our Black Friday sports card deals guide.
A note on timing. Every website has different rules for when sales start and end. In most cases, the sales start on Black Friday or a day or two before. They then run into Cyber Monday and sometimes the entire following week.
But keep in mind that supplies run out; if you are into the popular stuff, you will want to hit hard and hit early.
Ebay Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
eBay is offering the following card deals through their “Featured” Black Friday deals.
Sword and Shield: Silver Tempest Booster Box sealed Pokemon
Charizard UPC Pokemon TCG: Sword and Shield Ultra Premium Collection
Check eBay to see if your favorite eBay card sellers are offering Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
Black Friday sports card deals from cardmakers
As part of Topps.com Black Friday sale, Topps is offering a discount up to 40% of select boxes through Cyber Monday. A Topps Chrome Baseball Hobby Box with 1 Silver pack, which is normally $299 has been listed for $199.
See all the Topps.com Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals here.
Panini is offering a 25% deal on autographed merchandise in their store. Shoppers must use promo code FRIDAY25 to take advantage of the deal
Eligible autographed merchandise on Panini America.
Upper Deck’s featured deal is a Free 9-Card Goodwin Trading Card sheet with a purchase of $99 or more. The sheet features legends such as Lebron James, Wayne Gretzky, Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan.
See all Upper Deck Black Friday deals
Black Friday sports card deals guide to the big guys
Let’s start with the more prominent companies and then check out what some of their smaller competitors have planned for the big day.
First, let’s start with who doesn’t have Black Friday deals. I was surprised to see that Dave & Adams, who had them in the past, do not have anything going on this year. But their competition among the big three marks the blackest of days.
Blowout Cards makes a huge deal out of Black Friday and sees it as the centerpiece of its calendar. When clicking, you see some of the steepest discounts they offer. But predictably, they feature very specialized content rather than popular items.
For example, a 2007 Press Pass Elvis The Music Blaster 20 Box Case is marked down from $449.95 to $199.98. I checked the market value of one of these cases, and it is indeed worth something in that ballpark.
That is very impressive, assuming you want one of those. Which I assure you most card enthusiasts do not.
The company has a pretty good layout of the sales on offer. It’s not tough to find anything you are looking for. You can organize items by price, name, number of packs in boxes, and “waves” of sales. The best method is by brand or sport, at least as far as I am concerned.
Still, the selection of items for sale is pretty comprehensive. And the average discount appears to be around 10-20%. So, the more expensive the product, the bigger the deal you get. So, this is an excellent opportunity to spring on a costly box or case.
For example, the 2021/22 Panini Crown Royale Basketball Hobby 16 Box Case is available for $7,194.88, down from what they claim is the previous price: $8,350. But I would note that you can get one of these cases elsewhere for a little less than the discounted price. Just saying.
Here is an example of some good deals from Blowout Cards:
- 2021 Topps Chrome Update Sapphire Edition Baseball 10 Box Lot – for $1,250.
- 2021 Panini Prizm Football Fanatics Blaster – for $70.
- 2021/22 Panini Chronicles Basketball Hobby 12 Box Case – for $2,700.
- 2021/22 Upper Deck Series 1 Hockey Blaster 20 Box Case – for $250.
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Lost Origin Build & Battle Deck 6 Box Case – for $740.
- 2020/21 Topps UEFA Champions League Chrome Soccer Sapphire Edition Box – for $500.
Steel City Collectibles
As we can see, some of the card outlets already posted sales on popular card items. But Steel City Collectibles is taking a more traditional route. Their things do not go on sale until November 21, 2022. Of course, that is technically Thursday, but why be pedantic?
But they do have their Black Friday Preview items up. As in previous years, Steel City Collectibles have them organized by sport. That makes it far easier to find your thang. And time is money for busy, important folks like us so that matters.
The selection is narrower. However, that is because it is only a pre-sale format for now. I used their site on Black Friday last year and remembered a similar selection to the one on Blowout Cards.
Some of the deals are great. For example, a 2020-21 Panini Prizm English Premier League Soccer Hobby 12-Box Case goes for $2,949.95, down from the claimed previous price of $6,000. However, we should note that you can pick up one of these on eBay for $3,200.
Here is an example of some good deals from Steel City:
- 2021 Bowman Baseball Value Pack 12 Pack Lot – for $120.
- 2019-20 Panini Select Basketball Hobby Box – 1st Off The Line – for $2,500.
- 2018 Panini Prizm Football Blaster 20-Box Case – for $5,000.
- Pokemon Celebrations Ultra Premium Collection – for $300.
- 2021-22 Upper Deck Series 1 Hockey Hobby 12-Box Case – for $900.
- 2018-19 Panini Donruss Soccer Fat Pack 12-Pack Lot – for $400.
We are used to looking to the big three for Black Friday deals. But Fanatics is the biggest name in the hobby nowadays. So what are they planning for the event? The truth is, they are keeping things pretty hushed for now.
But we know they will run sales only on Black Friday itself and that there will be no saving merchandise when supplies run out. They often reprise the same deals on Cyber Monday, but no guarantees any stock will be replenished at that point.
What is out for right now are coupons for merchandise. You can check them out here.
Black Friday sports card deals guide to smaller purveyors
The big guys are usually the first place we look on Black Friday. But there are plenty of awesome sales opportunities among the smaller guys.
We suggest you contact your local card store to see what they have planned as well. Here are some outstanding options that have come to our attention.
Baseball Card Exchange
Baseball Card Exchange is nationally famous for its sealed wax authentication services. But they are also one heck of a card shop down in Schererville, Indiana. They promise an in-store sale of 10% off everything in the store, with no blackout items! This sale includes wax, memorabilia, and singles, both vintage and modern.
They are also offering free pizza and entertainment for the kids. So bring them down for the Pokémon Pizza Party from 12 to 2. Yes, PM.
The company also promises Black Friday sales on its website. No info yet, but keep on top of things on their website.
Black Friday & Saturday Sports & TCG Collector’s Show
Do you prefer good old-fashioned card shows? Check out a special Black Friday show in Sandy, Utah.
It is an annual show and sure to be a good time. Here is the promoters description:
“The Collector’s Shows presents this sports card, memorabilia, & TCG show inside of Automotive Addiction Car Museum, South Town Mall, Sandy, UT. Attendees for VIP packages ($50adults/$35kids – under 18) include access for the weekend, the VIP lounge, a free museum tour, 1 free autograph, VIP give-a-ways, and VIP night with the athletes and dealers; general admission ($15adult/$10kids under 18) includes access to the museum & show and one entry for a give-a-way. Signers who have committed are Denny McLain, Mike Morgan, Derrick Ross, Eric Michael, Mylo Gonzalez, and several local athletes. The car museum, show, and experience will be one that all attending will want to come back for year over year.”
For more info, check out the event website.
Black Friday Sports card deals for online platforms
Black Friday is usually a store thing. But it’s such a big hobby event that even the platforms are getting in on the actions.
The guys at COMC promise the lowest prices for all cards on the platform. How will it work? There are four elements to their promotion:
- They are encouraging all sellers on the platform to cut prices and list special promotions from November 24 to 27. You can expect to get up to 50% off for some cards, so load up your COMC credit and get ready to snap up the good deals. They won’t last long.
- The company is giving you 5% of your sales back in-store credit. So that means if you buy enough cards, you can buy…more cards! I think they call this the circle of life. The store credit is up to $100 per customer and will be applied to your COMC account on January 1, 2023.
- Daily prize draws. You will automatically enter into the draw for a daily prize when you make purchases. You can see more details of that and other parts of these promotions on their website.
- Free shipping between November 24-28 under the following conditions: Only for Shipments of 20+ items. If you ship over 100 items, you receive a $5-off shipping voucher, to be applied to your account on January 1, 2023, which can be used until March 31, 2023. Transferred e-packs count, but ePack items do not.
This platform isn’t offering traditional Black Friday sales. But they are doing the promotional giveaway thing. They are offering automatic prizes to anyone buying on their platform. And the more money you spend, the more stuff you get. Simple logic!
The list of prizes is genuinely impressive. You can look at it here. Unfortunately, the rules for entering are pretty complex, and you can see them in full on the StockX website.
You must purchase items from midnight November 25, 2022, to November 27, 11:59 EST.
You can enter by:
- Purchasing any item during the sale period qualifies you for automatic entry. It has to be from the Sneakers, Apparel & Accessories, Trading Cards, Electronics, Handbags, or Collectibles categories.
- You can also apply without purchasing anything. Yup. You will need to hand-print your full name, age, mailing address, telephone number, and email address on a 3″ x 5″ card. Then tell the fine folks at StockX which prize you want to win. You will then be entered into the raffle.
Each item purchased, or submission sent counts as one entry. You can submit as many as you want. In each, you can request one item for which you will enter the raffle.
PSA is ignoring Black Friday. But Beckett is trying to regain its market position and is taking the opportunity with some discount grading services.
Here is how it works:
- 10 cards submitted a minimum
- $10 per card. That is a savings of at least $50.
- 10-day service
Which cards qualify?
- Your submission must be postmarked before November 30, 2022, and after November 26.
- It must be ten cards or more.
- You must include the following promo code with your submission: BlackFri1115
If you want to take advantage of this offer, submit it through this link.
BGS is also offering other Black Friday deals. Here are the details and relevant promotion codes:
- Card Grading: 25% OFF Economy & Standard, 50% OFF Express & Premium. Promo Code: BGSBF
- Authentication: $15 Encapsulation Special. Promo Code: BASBF
- VHS Grading: 25% OFF All Service Levels. Promo Code: VHSBF
Honestly, with the prices of grading, this is an excellent deal. I will offload some of the cards I’ve been putting off grading for a while.
Final thoughts on Black Friday sports card deals
We have given you some of the coolest and best Black Friday opportunities the big boys in the hobby offers. But you will find some of the best opportunities at your local card store. Along with discounts and giveaways, many are holding community events.
At the risk of sounding sappy, isn’t community what it’s all about? Sure, buying and selling cards online is convenient. But we are missing the human touch. So, check on your local store and see what they are doing for Black Friday. Of course, you can always order online once you get back.